Wednesday, May 11, 2011

365 days of life around the world

I've been accepted as one of the blog authors on the3six5 project, which aims to tell the story of 2011 from 365 points of view, one day at a time. Part history, part diary, from contributors around the world.
On my assigned date – November 14 – I’ll post an account of what life's been like for me that day, in no more than 365 words. It happens to be the anniversary of my mum's death, so perhaps that will get a mention, along with whatever fate tosses my way.
They’re still looking for authors; to apply, you tell them a bit about yourself.
This is what I sent:
I'm a newspaper journalist in an Australian country town of 25,000 people. There's a university here, where I do casual academic work, and a good theatre, music and literary scene. I've been at the paper for about two years and love the variety of things I get to cover. Apart from work, my life contains a four kids, a husband, a dog that's a cross between a labrador and a fox terrier, an affectionate ginger cat, seven chickens, a PhD thesis that's being examined, and a book manuscript of creative nonfiction stories that I'm trying to get published. I seem to be the only "Janene Carey" on the web apart from a triathlete in South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment